Here's your blog checklist. Make sure you've done all these things. If your blog already has all these elements - guess what? You're ADVANCED *yaaayyyyy!!*
If you're advanced click "read more" to make your blogs even MORE FABULOUS!!
- Add an avatar to your blog
- Make sure EVERY post has a picture/image related to your post
- Look on the sidebar of the class blog page and see if your blog is listed. If it's not there you MUST send me a message on edmodo stating: "Please add my blog ____________ (post a link to it) to your sidebar."
- Change your background so that it fits with your blog's theme/personality.
- CREATE A POST! - your "Road" poem w/ a pic
- CREATE A POST! - insert the videos (not links!) of your favorite Def Poets in the same post.
- CREATE 2 POSTS!! - about something in your life, a thought, opinion, realization, etc. For Ex: "_____ Is The Best Team In The League" , "_______Is The Best TV Show" , "A Funny Thing Happened To Me At School Today", "Parents Just Don't Understand" *great post Elona!*, "Teachers Just Don't Understand" - YOU GET IT NOW!
*once you've done all these items, please move on to "advanced"*
- Change your avatar's message to your readers
- Add two "static" pages (pages w/info that will not change) to your blog - ex. About Me, People Who Inspire Me, Greatest Players of All Time, Fashion Inspiration, etc. HOW TO: go to the design tab, click "posts", click the "edit pages" tab, create your page, take it from there...
- Post a cool *appropriate* video. For example: *coolness starts at the :55 second mark*
- Create 2 posts - each must be of a thought provoking pic (no explanation needed) For example:
- Add the list of blogs you follow to the RIGHT sidebar. HOW TO: Go to the design tab, click "add a gadget" to the right sidebar, find "blog list"...figure it out from there :)
- Google search popular blogs on topics that you're interested in. Follow them, and add them to your "blog list" on your sidebar. For example: Search - "Best Gaming Blogs," Best Fashion Blogs," "Top Rated Skateboarding Blogs," "Top Celebrity Gossip Blogs"
- Read a post from one of the new blogs you've found, post a comment on the post and leave a link to your blog.
- Want MORE followers? Tweet the link to your blog and post the link to your blog in your facebook status :)
- Create a post like this...
Keep up the good work, and remember....